Our Policy. We understand that seeking information or making purchases online involves a great deal of trust on your part. At Premier River Cruises we take this trust very seriously, and make it our highest priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the Personally Identifiable Information you provide us.
- “Disclose” means to release, transfer, disseminate, or otherwise communicate all or any part of any record orally, in writing, or by electronic or any other means to any person or entity.
- “Member” means a person who has registered with the website.
- “Minor” means any person under 18 years of age, or as defined under the laws of their jurisdiction or residence.
- “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII” means any recorded information about specific individual whose identity may be inferred from the information. This information includes, for example, name, email and mailing address, phone number, account and billing information, and other information provided by a visitor to our website or incidental to providing products and services to you.
- “Website” means Premier River Cruises, as well as its child sites and web pages, and any domestic or international-owned or managed website of Premier River Cruises that may be accessed through it.
If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any PII to Premier River Cruises. If you choose to refuse or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with services normally offered by Premier River Cruises.
Premier River Cruises does not sell or market products to Minors. Minors are not eligible to register with, use or purchase services via Premier River Cruises. We do not knowingly collect PII from any Minor, and will not deliberately use such information. If you are under 18, you may use Premier River Cruises only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
3. What Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
Premier River Cruises only collects PII that you voluntarily provide to us, or that is incidental to your use of our services and either researching or purchasing a vacation on the Premier River Cruises Website. The information we learn helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with Premier River Cruises, and assists us in providing for your vacation needs. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future vacations for you, improving our website and communicating with you. Such information may include service and purchase information, Membership and billing information, when you call or write to our Customer Service and other volunteered information.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the website. Such information may include login information, browsing history, preferences and other personalization information.
- E-mail Communications: Premier River Cruises may retain copies of our email correspondence, or if you have received and opened correspondence. We also compare our customer lists in an effort to avoid duplicative marketing.
- Information we gather from on and off line surveys that you complete and voluntarily return to us via direct mail or on the Premier River Cruises Website.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Such information may include when you visit sites on which we advertise, information collected on sites that we host for third parties and other content served by or on behalf of Premier River Cruises on other websites.
- Incidental Information: Premier River Cruises may collect information incidental to your visit of the website or purchase of products or services. Such information may include when you have visited the website or when you registered as a Member.
4. How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
Premier River Cruises uses your PII for the purposes of responding to and processing your requests for Premier River Cruises products and services:
- To record your travel preferences, to provide travel quotes, or make travel reservations on your behalf, to communicate with you or your travel provider about your travel plans;
- To process and track your transactions and to send information to affiliated travel agents and agencies via our systems and software regarding our and our business partners' products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you;
- To issue invoices, administer accounts, and collect and process product and services payments;
- To provide tips or guidance on how to use our website, inform you of new features on our site or provide other information that may be of interest to users;
- To personalize the service we provide to you, tailor your experience at our website to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations;
- To send you e-mails, e-newsletters, personalized offers via direct messaging or other communications about our services, if you have subscribed to receive this information or you have not advised us that you do not wish to receive such communications;
- To manage our website, diagnose technical problems, improve content and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our website is as efficient as possible;
- To process and track your transactions and to send you information about our and our Independent Affiliates' and business partners' products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you;
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or provide Premier River Cruises products or services, or those of companies with which we have a commercial relationship, but only if you have granted us permission to do so or we are otherwise able to do so under applicable law;
- To audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or for any other purpose to which you consent.
- Premier River Cruises does, at times, request credit card information, Membership ID, or national identification numbers to help plan and book vacations. Any such information is kept and maintained in accordance with Section VI below.
5. To Whom We Disclose Personally Identifiable Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Premier River Cruises will only share your PII with our authorized service providers that perform services or functions on our behalf, as required by law, or as described below. We GURANTEE that we will NEVER knowingly sell, transfer or otherwise pass your PII except as provided herein.
From time to time, we may Disclose PII as follows:
- To those travel service providers with which you have or may make arrangements through via our website. For example, associated cruise lines, tour operators, vacation packages, wholesalers, independent affiliated travel agents and agencies, hotel or ground transport, attraction and travel insurance companies. We provide them only with the PII needed to assist you in choosing and completing your purchases, as well as the booking and reservation of travel related products and services.
- To organizations that provide services for or on behalf of Premier River Cruises. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages and brochures, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These parties have access to the PII needed to perform their functions.
- To protect our website and our rights under our Terms and Conditions of Use; to protect ourselves against liability or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain.
- Where the information is public.
- To our insurers and to regulatory agencies.
6. How we retain Personally Identifiable Information
If you are a registered user of Premier River Cruises, we store your PII in the account overview of each user's “My Account” profile. The “My Account” profile consists of address and contact information, marketing preferences, a travel preferences section, and a messaging and alert section for communications between you and Premier River Cruises. You can access you account information via the “My Account” hyperlink from the homepage of our website, after logging onto the website as a registered Member.
“My Account” contains a listing of the e-mails, e-newsletters and other communications we offer to send, and that you have elected to receive or not.
We will retain your PII in our databases in accordance with our records management policy and applicable laws. While this information may be periodically purged, the retention period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us. We may also need to retain certain information to prevent fraudulent activity; to protect ourselves against liability, permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or if we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
7. How You Can Control the Use of Your Information
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide PII. Guest browsing is available on the Premier River Cruises website, even though PII might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain Premier River Cruises services
Premier River Cruises provides you with choice and control over the collection and use of your PII, as well as a means of updating, correcting, or removing any PII stored in your customer profile. As described above, log in to the website and access your “My Account” settings to view and update that information
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Premier River Cruises provides you with the opportunity to specifically choose the promotional marketing communications you wish to receive from Premier River Cruises. For emailed newsletters and promotional messages, you may adjust your marketing preferences within the “My Account” settings, or this can be accomplished sending an e-mail to Operations@PremierRiverCruises.com that includes your full name, street address and e-mail address, and specify that you don't want to continue receiving either postal mail, email, or both. If you choose not to receive any of the promotional marketing services that Premier River Cruises provides, then Premier River Cruises will not send them to you.
8. How We Protect Your Information
To protect the confidentiality of your PII, Premier River Cruises employs physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality and integrity of the information and to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access disclosure or modification of PII.
By providing you with this Privacy Statement, Premier River Cruises is pledging our continued commitment to protecting the information you provide us. Premier River Cruises regularly examines our information privacy practices to determine whether we are adhering to the disclosures about the collection, use, sharing, and protection of your PII made in this privacy statement.
If we decide to change this policy in a material way, we will obtain the necessary consents required under applicable privacy laws if we seek to collect, use or disclose PII for purposes materially different than those to which consent has been obtained, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. If any proposed change is unacceptable to you, you may request that we remove your PII from our records, as described above
11. Contact Information
12. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from a business, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including Independent Affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us by contacting our Chief Privacy Officer via our Customer Care department via email: Operations@PremierRiverCruises.com
We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above.